Friday, January 3, 2014

More Painting on the Sinanju Stein

Hey folks, hope you all had a great holiday. Mine comes to an end in a couple of days, and I'll be heading back to work. Sweet.

For Xmas I basically asked my wife for Gunpla models and she came through nicely - I got a Nu Gundam Ver Ka, the Sazabi Ver Ka (the new one), a Real Grade GP01 Zephyranthes, and a couple more RG's that are in the mail (I forget the names right now).

But in any case I started - finally - putting more paint on the Sinanju Stein. For now I've applied Alclad Gloss Black Laquer as a base coat, over which I'll be applying Aluminum Air Frame to give it a nice metallic sheen. Most of the exposed areas are getting this treatment. Once that's done, I will be moving any of the joints that move (arms, legs etc) to paint the metallic on the newly exposed areas as well. Then, when all of this has cured, I'll mask those bits off and paint the white and the other colors. I'm thinking of going for a relatively monochromatic look of black, off white and some varying greys. I'm not sure I'm feeling bold enough to do anything primary like red, orange etc.

Here's the spread of various parts drying. You can see I'm using some new Mr Hobby clips that I also got for Xmas.


By the way, this process for metallic would, I think, look fantastic on "metal colored" armies in the wargames hobby - like Necrons, Convergence of Cyriss and factions like that.

Update: first application of Airframe Aluminum.


No comments:

Post a Comment