Saturday, October 19, 2013

Lizardmen Saurus Scar Vet on Carnosaur

Hey folks, sorry for the lack of posts lately.

I finished this guy up today, and am starting to assemble and work on a small Lizardmen army. Those of you whole follow the blog will find that amusing (because I never...well, almost never....stick to a project for very long :)  I was looking at models around my work area today and thinking if I had more "stick to it ness" I'd be way richer and have more forces done.

The Scar Vet on Carnosaur is not considered a very competitive choice - but I feel he looks badass, and since I rarely win these games anyway I figure I might as well look as cool as possible (not me...the army) while losing!

I used a satin varnish on the scales - I'm not sure if I like it or not. The effect worked great on my Tyranid's shells but that may have been because they are smooth surfaces.  I wanted to go for almost turtle-shell vibe on any scaly areas but it may be an unnecessary distraction.






3 comments:

  1. Cracking work as usual, if you had more "stick to it ness" then yeah you would be richer, but we as a community would def be poorer for not seeing the variety of your finished models. I for one am glad that you are distracted with the next cool looking model/ army (as are most of us gamers,painters and modellers) it's one of the joys of watching this hobby/ business grow to what it has become today. Seeing you stick to painting one thing, I think, would lessen your cracking Blog so please keep the updates coming and I for one will look forward to the next cool looking model painted by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, as always! I just love the clean-ness of your colours and your bases! And don't worry about the varnish on the scales, I think it looks just right. It truly gives the thing this turtle-feel you talked about, it's great!
    One thing, however, bothers me with this model: those stone elements (the Saurus's saddle arch and the weapon he's wielding) look a bit too clean for my liking. I think it could use more... texture, more weathering, more grittiness to fit the mood better. Right now it looks almost as clean as concrete, and I don't think that fits with the Warhammer World all too well. But that's just my subjective 2 cents.
    Awesome work, nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fair comment thanks Kai! Yeah for future Lizardmen work I'll take another look at making the stone more weathered fors ure.

    ReplyDelete