Monday, September 2, 2013

Warmachine - Convergence of Cyriss Axis

Hi folks,


Something different for a change - I painted up the Axis I picked up at PAX. Cool model! He looks quite shiny in the photo (and in RL I suppose) because I opted to go very light with matte varnish (just brushed on in specific spots) in order to preserve the metallics. I was hoping it would turn out a bit neater overall, but still satisfied especially in person.


For my own records, this is how I painted him:

- black primer
- Basecoat with Reaper Master Honed Steel (AB)
- Wash with Secret Weapon Soft Body Black
- Highlight with Mithril Silver (AB)
- Darker metal panels are Reaper Master Skunkworks metallic
- various touch ups of the metallic areas and panel lining etc with those colors
- White is Administratum  Celestra Grey then Ceramite White
- The brass is done with a 50/50 mix of Vallejo Tinny Tin and Bright Bronze, then Washed with Agrax Earthshade, then the mix again, then the mix plus some P3 Brass Balls, then Brass Balls by itself.
- Arcane areas are ceramite white, then washed with arcane blue (basically just like the tutorial in the Cyriss book)
- Base is Gun Corps Brown, washed with Vallejo Umbre wash, drybrushed GW zhandri dust, then drybrushed with Ushabti Bone. Tufts are Army Painter Wilderness tufts.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I picked up the Keg Protector at PAX. I have not painted in years, we will see if I follow through on this one.

    ReplyDelete