Monday, July 29, 2013

Reaper Bones - Finally Arrived!

Today my Kickstarter Vampire pledge + extras arrived from Reaper. It took a pretty long time - months longer than it took a lot of American backers to get theirs. The reason was to save Canadians the duties and brokerage - but those are usually only ~ 20-30 bucks, which I'd have paid instead of waiting THAT much longer to get the stuff....

In any case, I got all the models you can already see all over Google, plus a couple of the Giants sets (frost?) and a whole bunch of their Master Series paints sets (see photo). Everything looks great. There's been complaints about the level of detail on these - at first look, the giants seem to be pretty detailed and free of flash and mold-lines. I guess I'll be able to better evaluate them with some primer on them (yes I do intend to prime them even though Reaper says you don't need to).

Overall - very satisfied. And with the receipt of these figures and paints, plus what I already own (Warhammer etc) I'm pretty sure I have "more hobby" than I can complete in this lifetime...

So I should keep assembling the three Crisis suits I bought today.

It's a sickness.



1 comment:

  1. I started using the Reaper Master Series paints just recently and I like 'em. They kinda suit my style of painting.

    ReplyDelete