Tuesday, May 7, 2013

High Elves: Flamespyre Phoenix and Griffon Rider

Hey folks - finished both of these this evening. I've had the Island of Blood elves for quite a long time and the new book/models were enough to get me started painting them. We'll see how far I make it :)  I also did up a Flamespyre Phoenix as you can see - LOVE this kit, it's really east to build, easy to paint and looks great imo. I like the way you can build a frost or fire version. In fact I have another one coming to paint as a Frostheart.

I also have a Skycutter in the box - another one of the new models that I think is beautiful, can't wait to paint that one as well :)

[update with brighter photos]

 
 


This model is hot!
(sorry)




7 comments:

  1. As always Jarret, very pretty looking and great choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I wish I could take brighter, better pictures :\)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are already very nice. But if you want them to be brighter, maybe you could take the shots at higher ISO settings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I think it's more of a white balance issue or something. These are all taken against white paper background but it looks muddy and beige sorta. The colors don't come off with nice bright contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is easily your best work to date mate.

    ReplyDelete