Sunday, March 3, 2013

Plaguebearer WIP and Auction Ends

Hey guys, just a reminder the auction for the Khorne Chaos Lord ends this evening.

Also, I got a bit swept up in the Chaos Daemon hype this weekend. I've been working on a unit of Plaguebearers - these guys paint up nice and fast with airbrushing and washes etc. I love this kit, can't believe I've never really paid it much attention before. I actually have 10 more ready for priming :)  Nurgle has always been my favorite of the 4 chaos gods, so I also picked up a box of those new Plague Drones, and am contemplating a bit of a Forgeworld order...Great Unclean One, Plague Toads (proxy for beasts of Nurgle) and a Plague Hulk to use as a Soul Grinder. My wallet and I are currently arguing about this.

When they first went on preorder I impulsively ordered the Limited Edition Nurgle Codex. I should probably have stuck with buying iPad editions. The book is nice - especially the soft feeling of the cover - but the only thing that makes it "Nurgle" is the dust jacked. I think I was hoping for more (probably didn't read the description closely enough as well!).

Anyway, here's a quick WIP shot of the Plaguebearers I shot with my iPhone. As usual lighting and colors are off quite a bit.

Mmmmmm. Nurgle.
By request, steps so far:

Nurgle Plaguebearers:

- Prime Vallejo Grey (try Black?)
- Zenithal Primer White
- Basecoat GW Sarak Green
- Zenithal GW Nurgling Green
- Zenithal GW Pallid Wych Flesh
- Glaze GW Green
- GW Thrakka Green wash
- GW Camo Wash in dark recesses. Similar with Leviathan Purple
- Highlight spray with Nurgling Green
- Highlite spray with Pallid Wych Flesh
- Spray rotten areas mix of Tamiya Hull red and flat red (50/50)
- glaze/blend those areas with Leviathan Purple Wash
- glaze/blend that with GW yellow glaze
- horns airbrushed VGC Brown Ink, then Tamiya Flat Black
- Swords flat black so far
- Eyes P3 Menoth White Highlite, glaze yellow (not done yet)
- "Guts" and wounds are P3 Thrall Flesh, then wash of Carsbourg Crimson (forget the name, new GW wash)
- I think that's all for now, not done yet :D

6 comments:

  1. They look awesome proper filthy!

    Steps please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steps posted (updated the post) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have given me an idea for my ghouls!

      Delete
  3. They are very nice indeed. Whatever happened to only focusing on Dark Angels though? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I tried - seems I only managed to stay focused for a month lol :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its always the way. I told myself that I would stop buying new crews for Malifaux when I bought the Yan Lo box set. Then I read the rules for Collodi and I want his crew now too!

      Delete