Friday, February 8, 2013

Ravenwing Black Knights Completed

New unit of Ravenwing Knights I just finally completed. I say finally because for some reason these guys took me forever to paint, and even now I'm not completely satisfied. I think the wheels with the pigments aren't looking quite right, part of me things I should have just left them clean :)   I guess there's just a lot more details on them than I originally thought. That said, next up are probably another unit of Deathwing (Knights maybe) which I'm sure will be just as time consuming.

Part of what took so long is also the fact I'm savagely addicted to League of Legends on PC, and also that I had to take a trip or two for work in recent weeks. So things are slower going. One thing I noticed though: my taking a more "project by project" outlook on my hobby, I've successfully resisted the urge to keep buying tons of additional new/shiny models (like the new chaos stuff for example). I seem to have better clarity of purpose in terms of what I want to paint next to keep the Dark Angel force growing. Easier on the wallet for sure!

  
Black and white but deceptively detailed and time consuming!

1 comment: