Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dark Angels Nephilim Fighter Finished

Finished up this Nephilim Fighter for my Dark Angels army - this is a really nice little kit: enjoyable to assemble, nice looking aircraft design, relatively easy/quick to paint. I painted the black first then masked around the white designs and airbrushed those (white is much easier to paint nicely using an airbrush I find). The pilot has some very subtle green OSL from the control screens but it doesn't show up well in the photo. Also I feel like I could have done more with decals but didn't have any "generic number markings" I was totally satisfied with, so I didn't. The flyer is not glued to the stand. I have a second kit but may not use it, because I've kinda been reading that the DA flyers are underwhelming performers (so I'll replace them with other options from the new range). Next up I have 7 Ravenwing Knights primed, and assembled a unit of the DW Knights (which I also read are underwhelming a bit rules-wise, but there's no way I can skip painting them because they look so cool!). I also converted the Dark Vengeance assault cannon terminator to carry a heavy plasma from the DW kit, which was quite easy to do.

I like this version more than the one with the piece of church on top of it.

8 comments:

  1. Thumbs up for your modelling skills, but this fighter still looks like an unholy child of a Lightning-Stormtalon one-night stand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically even my modelling skills aren't so hot - I forgot the heavy bolters on the front! (I'm fixing that).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say don't write off the DA fliers and the DW Knights so quickly. It will take time for DA Generals to figure out their strengths and weaknesses on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah most of this army will be "factory new" - I'm not doing much weathering, if any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jarrett,
    Just caught on that you moved to blogspot. Good to see you here, and nice to see you're still pumping out the best-painted models in Edmonton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kevin, glad to see you here and thank you for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice paintjob and great mini I think, rules wise it's getting a beating but rule-of-cool wins hands down, I'm getting one! (Suppose I should get some DAs Allies for my Relictors then!)

    ReplyDelete