Thursday, December 27, 2012

Deathwing WIP

Happy holidays everyone - I hope Santa treated you well. He was certainly obscenely generous with my three kids. For my part hobby-wise I received the Infinity Campaign Paradiso book which is pretty gorgeous. I also picked up the Tohaa starter box and the Jotums box (TAG) mostly because it looks awesome to paint.

But what I'm currently working on is Dark Angels from the Dark Vengeance box set (if you are local to Edmonton and want to buy the Chaos models off me, let me know!). Right now I have the Deathwing unit on the painting table and they are coming along quite nicely. The WIP shot I took is really glaring and washed out, once I get them done I'll take a proper photo in the light tent showing that the cream color is nicer than this harsh glare would suggest. I also picked up a Sepia 01 micron pen which does a nice job of dark-lining some of the deepest creases in these (like the hatch edges on the top of the model for example).


2 comments:

  1. looking good Jarrett! Merry Christmas to you and yours from the land of the long white cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Minitrol, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete